"Accounting Period Ended" message on the DM300-DM475 with standard accounting
Learn how to resolve the message "Account Period Ended" on the DM300c / DM400c / DM475c (G920) and DM300M / DM400M / DM475M (G922) with standard accounting.
Products affected: DM300c, DM400c, DM475c (G920); DM300M, DM400M, DM475M (G922)
IssueThe franking machine displays the message Accounting Period Ended and will not run mail.
CauseYou have reached the end of the specified accounting period, but have not yet cleared the previous year's accounting data.
ResolutionImportant: Before you clear the accounting data, you must perform a data upload. Once the transaction log is cleared, the account information cannot be retrieved.
To perform a data upload:
- Press Options.
- Press Page Down and select Data Center Options.
- Select Data Upload.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the upload, and then return to the Home screen.
Note: Clear data only at the end of a period or when the transaction log is full. You do not need to clear data after each period, but it is recommended that you print reports or transfer data to PC Transfer.
- Press Menu.
- Select Accounts.
- If the supervisor password is enabled, enter it to gain access to the accounting functions.
- Press Page Down.
- Select Clear Account Data.
- Select Print Report.
- Select the appropriate report and follow the prompts to print the report.
- Select Delete Data to delete the accounting records.
- After clearing the transaction log, you must set the next accounting period. For assistance, see How to set the accounting period on the DM300, DM400 and DM475.
UPDATED: 05 January 2022