Products affected: DM100i™, DM150i™, DM200i™ (P720); DM110i™, DM160i™, DM220i™ (PR20); DM300c™, DM400c™, DM475™ (G920); DM300M™, DM400M™, DM475M™ (G922)
IssueThe franking machine displays error code 2442 or 2443, and may not print.
CauseThis error usually occurs when the latch that locks the ink cartridge in place is not inserted properly.
- Remove the scale from the top of the franking machine.
- Lift the ink cartridge cover.
- Select Replace Ink Tank. The ink cartridge moves forward.
- The green latch locks the grey ink cartridge cover down into a slot into the print head. Check that the green latch locks in the correct position.
- Close the lid, and the cartridge moves back into position.
- The franking machine confirms when the cartridge installs, select Continue.
- Replace the scale, ensuring that it reseats correctly (on the Home screen, Man Wt gets replaced by SCALE when the scale is recognised by the franking machine).
- If the error message does not clear, restart the franking machine. Follow these steps to restart safely:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it plugs directly into a wall outlet.
UPDATED: 14 August 2021