Products affected: DM300c, DM400c, DM475c (G920, G925); DM300M, DM400M, DM475M (G922)
IssueYour meter displays the message "Inspection Due" or "Inspection Required".
CauseUK and Ireland postal regulations require that franking machines get inspected periodically. This inspection occurs automatically when your meter refills with postage, or when your system connects to the Pitney Bowes Data Center to perform a balance inquiry.
ResolutionIf a postage refill or connection to the Pitney Bowes Data Center does not occur within a 90 day period, the franking machine displays "Inspection Due" or "Inspection Required".
- The message can only be cleared by connecting to the Pitney Bowes Data Center.
- Until a successful connection is made, the franking machine locks and cannot print postage.
To clear an inspection message:
- Before you start, ensure that your system connects via wired or wireless LAN, PC Meter Connect, or dial-up phone line, in order to communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Center. If you have not yet connected your franking machine, see the Install Guide for your franking machine model, or the 'Connecting Your Meter' pages for your meter model.
- Select Connect now.
- If the Inspection Due message and Connect now options are not on the screen, press the Refill Postage button, then select Check PBP Balance. The franking machine connects to the Pitney Bowes Data Center and displays your available balance.
Note: If the franking machine cannot connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Center, see Connection errors on the DM300, DM400 and DM475.
- Select Continue.
- Select Download Now if updates are available for your franking machine.
- After the updates are installed, follow the prompts to return to your Home screen.
UPDATED: 21 October 2021