"Inspection Due" or "Inspection Required" message on the DM300-DM475
Learn how to resolve an "Inspection Due" or "Inspection Required" message on the DM300c, DM400c, DM475c (G920, G925) and DM300M, DM400M, DM475M (G922).
Products affected: DM300c, DM400c, DM475c (G920, G925); DM300M, DM400M, DM475M (G922)
IssueYour franking machine displays the message "Inspection Due" or "Inspection Required".
CauseUK and Ireland postal regulations require that franking machines get inspected periodically. This inspection occurs automatically when your meter refills with postage, or when your system connects to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre to perform a balance enquiry.
ResolutionIf a postage refill or connection to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre does not occur within a 90 day period, the franking machine displays "Inspection Due" or "Inspection Required".
- The message can only be cleared by connecting to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
- Until a successful connection is made, the franking machine locks and cannot print postage.
- Before you start, ensure that your system connects via wired or wireless LAN, PC Meter Connect, or dial-up phone line, in order to communicate with the Pitney Bowes Data Centre.
- Select Connect now.
- If the Inspection Due message and Connect now options are not on the screen, press the Refill Postage button, then select Check PBP Balance. The franking machine connects to the Pitney Bowes Data Centre and displays your available balance.
- Select Continue.
- Select Download Now if updates are available for your franking machine.
- After the updates are installed, follow the prompts to return to your Home screen.
UPDATED: 18 May 2022