Products affected: DM50™, DM55™ (K721)
IssueThe franking machine displays error code 1803 and does not connect.
CauseThe telephone number that the franking machine dials must be updated.
Solution 1: Change your connection typeWe recommend that you switch to a faster, more reliable digital connection. Visit www.pitneybowes.com/uk/connect or review the DM50/DM55 Installation Guide for details on all available connectivity options for your franking machine.
Solution 2: Change the phone number used by your franking machineTo continue connecting via analogue phone line, change the telephone number used by your franking machine to connect to Pitney Bowes. Please follow all the steps completely:
- Clear/Back button, or by restarting the franking machine, if required.
- Press Options.
- Scroll to Change Setup?, then press Enter/Yes.
- Scroll to Change Communication Settings?, the press Enter/Yes.
- Update both the Local Access phone number and Data Centre phone number, by clearing the stored number with the Clear/Back key and then:
- UK only - enter the new phone number 08719480102, then press Enter/Yes.
- Republic of Ireland only - enter the new phone number 0818270348, then press Enter/Yes.
- Restart the franking machine
- Remove the power cord.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Perform a balance enquiry to test your connection.
UPDATED: 23 August 2021