Customer Information Data Management Systems
Neo4j Announces 2018 Graphie Award Winners
Awards Recognize, eBay, Adobe, Comcast, Pitney Bowes and others for innovative graph-powered applications.
GRAPHCONNECT, NEW YORK – September 21, 2018 – Neo4j, the leading platform for connected data, has announced the 11 winners of the 2018 Neo4j Graphie Awards. The winners were honored at the closing reception of the company’s annual user conference, GraphConnect held in New York City on September 20, 2018.
The Graphie Awards celebrate the world’s most innovative graph technology applications, recognizing success in connected data across multiple categories. Neo4j’s customers, partners, startup program members, investigative/data journalists, community members and ambassadors, were encouraged to submit their graph-based projects for consideration.
"We're proud to have the chance to work with these world-class organizations and community members who demonstrate the value of connected data in ways we could never imagine," said Lance Walter, chief marketing officer at Neo4j. "We are consistently blown away by the scale, impact and innovation of how they've used the Neo4j Graph Platform, and we're glad to honor them with this year's awards." Congratulations to the 2018 Graphie winners, who include:
● Adobe Behance Graph Impact: Cloud Infrastructure Savings Adobe Behance drastically reduced infrastructure costs and increased performance using Neo4j, resulting in an order-of-magnitude decrease in DevOps staff hours and improvement in sign-in to initial activity experience.
● Microsoft Graph Impact: Scalability To perform customer segmentation with near infinite granularity across massive datasets, Microsoft turned to Neo4j for a graph that provides their sales and marketing organization with the data needed to enter new markets.
● Comcast Graph Vision: Artificial Intelligence Comcast uses Neo4j to personalize and enhance their customer experience from Xfinity X1 to XFi.
● eBay Graph Impact: Revenue & Reach To power hub-pages and "virtual browse nodes" that aid in discoverability and PageRank score, eBay turned to Neo4j and has since saved over $200K in Google SEO fines while drastically improving Google search rankings.
● Pitney Bowes Graph Vision: Embedded Machine Learning By combining Neo4j’s graph platform with powerful machine learning, Pitney Bowes helped their clients to identify money laundering networks, Ponzi schemes and fraud structures three years before they were reported.
● The German Center for Diabetes Research (DZD) Graph Impact: Medical Research The German Center for Diabetes Research uses Neo4j to combine heterogeneous research data sources and connect data across disciplines and locations in order to halt the emergence and progression of diabetes.
● DXC Technology Graph Impact: Digital Transformation DXC Technology is globally impacting how customers engage and view the potential of digital transformation within their industry, and using Neo4j, they were able to identify $500M of new potential revenue worldwide.
● Convergys Graph Impact: Risk & Compliance Convergys used Neo4j to deliver a successful hybrid cloud GDPR solution spanning multiple data sources across hundreds of clients and +10,000 employees.
● Graphen Graph Impact: Graph Analytics Graphen built a tool to migrate relational data into Neo4j, as well as an immersive augmented reality environment to visualize graph data.
● Juit Graph Impact: Unstructured Data Juit used Neo4j to consolidate data across the complex Brazilian legal system, comprising 93 courts, 18,000+ judges, 60+ legal research sources, 200+ million lawsuits and 5 million verdicts to simplify and accelerate jurisprudence research.
● Iryna Feuerstein Graph Community MVP Iryna is recognized for her commitment to teaching and growing the Neo4j community since 2014. She runs the Neo4j Düsseldorf meetup, has delivered multiple Neo4j + R workshops and has written articles on graph data processing with Neo4 and Apache Spark. Iryna is a consultant for Neo4j partner PRODYNA. For additional information visit: neo4j.com/graphies.