Spectrum Business Steward Module
A collaborative framework for effective information governanceGallery
Improve data integrity to improve your business
Take a better view
Business users can view, comment, edit and approve records that require human review.
Improve your vision
Key metrics are tagged with every exception, allowing the business user to get a high-level dashboard summary by domain, user and process.
Set your sights on the big picture.
An intuitive drag-and-drop interface edits exception records and marks records as duplicates.
- Key Features
Empower your business to decide.
Data integrity is critical for every business process. Yet there are nuances to data quality. Many decisions require oversight and input by the owners of the information domain.
Bring business and IT together.
- With a common language, platform and goals, you can instill an end-toend approach to data management.
- Empower direct ownership and oversight over your data assets.
- “Close the loop” by integrating human decisions directly into the automation process.
Humanize the process.
Data technology has reached unprecedented levels, yet there continue to be situations where human review remains essential. Data governance policies contain exceptions and special conditions that require additional oversight by decision-makers.
Control the flow.
The Business Steward module lets you define rules to control and prioritize data that requires human review. Audit-related metadata is attached to every record to address security and compliance. Then, after manual correction and approval, these records are re-incorporated into your Spectrum Technology Platform data-quality process.
Typical human-review exception records include:
- Address verification failures
- Geocoding failures
- Low-confidence matches
- Merge/consolidation decisions
- Red flag conditions
Access advanced data-quality components.
- Evaluates records against a set of conditions to determine if they require a data steward’s manual review.
- Writes the exception records to the exception repository for review by a data steward.
- Reads records from the exception repository into a dataflow.
- Allows users to reprocess exception records already corrected by a data steward.
Business Steward portal
- Displays a dashboard of summary statistics and charts on a browser-based tool.
- Helps business users understand exceptions that occur in data.
- Acts as an editor that permits users to modify exception records and approve them for re-processing.