Airport Boundaries delineates the geographic boundaries of public and private airport facilities. Individual airport boundaries include associated terminals, hangars, maintenance and outbuildings, runways, tarmacs, helipads and parking areas (including satellite parking lots).
Airport Boundaries is primarily based on authoritative data feeds from the Federal Aeronautical Administration (FAA) including data from the National Flight Data Center (NFDC). Pitney Bowes continually reviews these and other sources to maintain and update the airport boundary currency and representation.
- Understand proximity to airports: Commercial and residential real estate buyers can gain the market insights needed to support real estate selection, valuation and analysis
- Target travelers effectively: Create geofences and identify consumers who travel. Location-based marketing campaigns can even push relevant messages to mobile devices and trigger real-time deals exactly when one’s flight lands.
- Add context to any map display.
Airport Boundaries incorporates over 4,770 airport polygons in the United States. The dataset also includes Canadian Airports, IATA and ICAO Codes, and US Enplanement Data.
- Customs flag and use-type attribution
- IATA, ICAO, and FAA codes
- Change table detailing adds/deletes/changes from last release
- Quarterly updates detailing where changes and coverage expansion have occurred
- Coverage: United States
- Release Schedule: Quarterly
- Unit of Sale: Nation (US)