Shoreline and Coastal Waters Bundle
The Shoreline and Coastal Waters Bundle contains information pertinent to the coastal areas across the globe. Coastal locations are subject to hurricanes, storm surges, flooding, and other natural disasters. The Shoreline and Coastal Waters Bundle helps users understand how natural events may affect these areas.
Use the Shoreline and Coastal Waters Bundle to:
- Insurers can identify assets within close proximity to shorelines to understand risk exposure related to storm surge, tsunami, and low lying areas.
- Commercial and residential real estate firms can calculate the distance-to-coast for properties to influence buying and selling decisions (used in conjunction with other Pitney Bowes software tools).
- NOAA Medium Resolution Digital Vector Coastline provides the coastline of the contiguous US.
- Data is captured from 270 National Ocean Service (NOS) Navigation Charts and spans more than 80,000 nautical miles.
Attributes include, but are not limited to:
- World Shoreline: Polyline representation of shorelines across the globe
- US Coastal Waters: Polygon representation of US coastal areas including the name of the area
- World Coastline: Polyline representation of coastlines across the globe including attribution naming the associated country of the coastline.
- Coverage: 50 States, DC
- Release Schedule: Annually
- Unit of Sale: US, State