Mass Movement Bundle - Land hazards and risks
The Mass Movement Bundle represents large movements of soil, bedrock, rock debris, or mud, which usually occur along steep-sided hills and mountains, and provides soil classifications nationwide. The Mass Movement Bundle also contains other land hazard information like sinkholes, abandoned mines, rift zones, and lava flow zones.
- Determine proximity to high susceptibility regions for mass movement events.
- Assess the potential landslide risk to assets or insured property.
- Understand exposure to other high-risk geologic events like sinkholes, lava flows, rift zones, etc.
- Abandoned coal mine data sourced from the Office of Surface Mining (OSM) Abandoned Mine Land Inventory
- Geographic depiction of Karst feature areas and Karst subsidence areas (distinctive surficial and subterranean features characterized by closed depressions, sinking streams and cavern openings)
- Landslide information includes areas in the United States where large numbers of landslides have occurred as well as areas that are susceptible to landslides and other costly events.
Geographic depiction of:
- Lava flow hazard zones
- Lava inundation zone
- Rift zone buffer
- Sinkhole locations
- Abandoned coal mines
- Karst and pseudokarst features
- Historic landslide events
- Coverage: 50 States, DC
- Release Schedule: Annually
- Unit of Sale: US, State