Municipal Boundaries contains up-to-date information on the boundaries of incorporated municipalities. It is updated quarterly to include new incorporations, annexations, de-annexations, mergers, consolidations, dis-incorporations, and/or dissolution of local governmental entities. Updates ensure that Municipal Boundaries aligns with StreetPro® and other Census Boundary data.
NOTE: The Municipal Boundary dataset may only be used internally for determining tax jurisdictions. It cannot be sold for tax jurisdiction applications or as part of a resold product or service.
- Taxation: Properly calculate tax rates by jurisdiction.
- Telecommunications: Assign sales tax for mobile services.
- Insurance: Calculate premium taxes for most states.
- Site selection: Determine applicable municipal ordinances.
- Risk assessment: Visually analyze and track high risk areas.
Customer relations: Save time and resources by targeting specific municipalities.
- Municipal Boundary Layer
- Municipal Inventory (Points)
- State, County and Place FIPS code
- Change log file indicates where changes were made with each release
- Data from 2010 Census TIGER/Line files
- Data enhancement to ensure consistent overlay characteristics
- Premium tax assignments for most states
- Property tax assignment to leased assets
- Compatible with other Census Boundaries products
- Compatible with StreetPro®
- Coverage: 50 States, District of Columbia, and Puetro Rico
- Release Schedule: Quarterly
- Unit of Sale: Nation and State