Weather Bundle - Weather hazards and events
The Weather Bundle contains comprehensive, historical records of hazardous weather data including hurricane, hail, tornado, and windstorm events. Each weather hazard contains attribution about the date and the severity of the event. Wind events use the Beaufort Wind scale, tornadoes use the Frujita-Pearson scale, hail events use the TORRO intensity scale, and hurricane events reference the Saffir-Simpson scale. Additional attribution including fatalities, injuries, crop and property damages, and other meteorological details are provided as available.
- Insurers can assess weather (hail, tornado, wind, and hurricane) risk, underwrite policies, and calculate probable maximum loss with respect to the geographic distribution of their insured network.
- Add detailed context for calculating policy holder premiums and insurability.
- Understand tornado, hail, wind, and/or hurricane severity for a given location.
- Determine the aggregate weather risk of any geographic region.
- Contains historical records of tornados, windstorms, hailstorms and hurricanes between 1985 and present.
- Contains a grid that aggregates the counts and intensity of historical weather events across the US.
- Each type of weather hazard (wind, hail, tornado, and hurricane) contains a qualitative rating system -derived from quantitative facts - to easily compare severities across regions.
- Each type of weather hazard contains ranges, or contours, of these qualitative ratings to further identify risk distributions
- Coverage: 50 US States, DC
- Release Schedule: Annually
- Unit of Sale: US, State