Settlement Spaces - Housing data
Settlement Spaces helps users understand the increasingly diverse housing characteristics of consumers. The typology accounts for critical housing-related characteristics, independent of many population characteristics typically associated with geodemographic segmentation systems. The result is an actionable, data-driven understanding of how households live in an urbanizing economy.
- More accurately measure dynamic changes in population over time, for a better understanding of your customer base.
- Drive better-informed marketing decisions.
- Optimize site selection modeling for future expansions.
- Accounts for a wide range of relevant variables, including:
- Population density
- Commuting patterns
- Housing tenure
- Building type
- Dwelling size
- Offers twelve settlement space types with geographic, economic and social significance
Numbers each space according to the average population density of all the block groups that comprise it
- Developed with input data from the US Census Bureau and the American Community Survey
- Includes a Block group to Settlement Spaces match-up file that correlates the two geographies using Pitney Bowes’ Estimates and Projections data
- Provides a benchmark file with the estimated number of households, total population, and number of households by Settlement Spaces broken down by several geographies
- Coverage: United States
- Release Schedule: Annually
- Unit of Sale: National