Optimize 5G buildout investment with location data webinar
Wireless and wired telecom providers use geocoding and location analytics for network planning and subscriber acquisition. Location data becomes even more critical during 5G deployments. For example, for fixed wireless deployment using millimeter wave (mmW) bands, which provide extremely high speeds and capacity in focused areas, operators must accurately know what the best locations are for deploying 5G small cells. Just as important is knowing what the customer locations are that will be inside the coverage area.
How well it works depends on hyper-accurate geocoding and a rich set of data attributes augmenting a correct residential or business address. Typically, however, engineering, marketing and customer service use siloed and inconsistent in-house datasets, myriad data products and formats, and disparate analytical tools.
The result can be costly mistakes across a range of use cases, including misplaced 5G infrastructure that blocks signals and investments in neighborhoods that aren’t a good market for 5G services. For cable operators looking to expand network penetration, errors include inefficient routing of fiber drops and overlooked occupants of near-net buildings. In this webinar, we will examine a different approach to linking latitude/longitude with an accurate address and data attributes such as building footprint, height and occupancy as well as neighborhood-level demographics.
Topics covered in this presentation will include:
- Challenges CSPs face today in using data for network planning, including new 5G infrastructure and optimizing existing wired networks for both end users and backhaul customers
- Understanding and implementing accurate address and geocoding data across multiple use cases, including customer acquisition
- How a Master Location Data approach can efficiently augment lat/long and address data with detailed attributes needed by engineers and marketers
- Prakash Sangam, Founder and Principal, Tantra Analyst
- Christopher Perry, Enterprise Client Executive, Pitney Bowes