Location Intelligence, Spatial Data Analysis | Pitney Bowes
New Location Intelligence APIs Enhance the Pitney Bowes Commerce Cloud
Location intelligence (LI) gives organizations vital context that enables them to understand their customers and constituents on a variety of levels. This information can be as basic as a customer’s address or as complex as the tax rate of a larger municipality, granting important insight that can guide an array of business decisions.
Pitney Bowes recently launched its Location Intelligence APIs offering within our new Commerce Cloud to give developers access to more than 240 unique LI data sets in a request-response scenario. These data sets include Addresses, Geocoding, Points of Interest, Demographics, Tax Rates and a bevy of other location-specific information that can help organizations assess, trial and deploy their services.
These APIs grant developers access to Pitney Bowes’ extensive collection of industry-trusted location data while also giving developers the option to upload private data sets without sharing them publicly. The APIs use OAuth 2.0-based security for authentication and authorization to ensure that any business-critical private information isn’t exchanged without authorization across the Commerce Cloud.
Some of the LI APIs offered on the Commerce Cloud include:
- Geo911 for Emergency Handling: This API provides Public Safety Answering Points (PSAP) that help ensure 911 emergency calls are routed correctly. Its applications are broad, providing benefits for wireless and wireline carriers, virtual network enablers, private security providers and infrastructure planners via two methods: PSAP by Address and PSAP by Location.
- GeoEnhance for Richer Data: The GeoEnhance API adds context and meaning by converting simple location coordinates into addresses, place names, points of interest and time zone.
- GeoLife for Population Insight: This API helps determine who lives at a given address and location based on demographics and segmentation. This API retrieves household demographics and lifestyle characteristics with the input of an address or location coordinate, which helps extract insights from the customer base to help organizations build engagement.
- GeoSearch for Smart Search: GeoSearch helps build local search capabilities into mobile apps and websites. It returns an autocompleted list of addresses based on the input of natural language text entries, adding value for developers, content providers or anyone wanting to offer their own location-based search functionality.
- GeoTax for Local Tax: This feature makes digital commerce transactions more transparent by helping determine the right local tax for a sale. For example, a car dealer can use this API to find out what tax rate to apply to a purchase to avoid surprising customers with unintended surcharges upon closing.
To learn more about the Pitney Bowes location intelligence APIs, visit the Developer Hub