Setting up a wired internet connection with a Communication Device on the mailstation series
Use a Communication Device with a wired connection to connect your meter to the Pitney Bowes Data Center. These instructions are for first-time users who have never installed a Communication Device on the mailstation series.
Follow these steps to connect your meter:
- Watch the video
- Connect your Communication Device to your internet source
- Connect your Communication Device to your postage meter
- Plug one end of the network cable into an active internet port.
- Plug the other end of the network cable into your Communication Device.
- Plug the AC adapter power cord into the Communication Device and plug it into a power outlet. When the left LED is lit yellow, the device has power. Wait 45 seconds until the right LED blinks orange. This indicates that the Communication Device is communicating with your network.
- Plug one end of the short USB cable into the Communication Device.
- Plug the other end of the short USB cable into the meter.
- Plug the second power cord into the meter and plug it into a power outlet.
- The meter displays startup screens and you hear the meter’s printer initialize.
- Once the initialization process completes, the right LED blinks green. This indicates that your meter successfully connected to the internet through your network.
UPDATED: December 03, 2021