The WiFi Connection Device is a small unit that allows you to connect SendPro® 300 meters to the Pitney Bowes Data Center through your wireless (WiFi) network. The WiFi Connection Device is compatible with 801.11b, 801.11g, and 801.11n only.
For pictures of how to connect the WiFi Connection Device to your meter, see the DM Series Wi-Fi Connection Device Quick Install guide
.Sign in to the WiFi Connection Device
- Turn on your computer.
- Disconnect your computer from all sources of internet access. Unplug the network cable and turn the WiFi off.
Important: If your computer has internet access, you will not be able to access the device setup page.
Configure the WiFi Connection Device
- Connect the WiFi Connection Device to power. You can use the USB cable and supplied power adapter, or you can plug the USB cable into a powered USB port on your computer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the WiFi Connection Device.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to a network port on your computer.
- Open a web browser.
- Wait for the browser to display an error message such as, “Internet Explorer cannot display the web page.” or “Page not found”. It will do this because you disconnected its internet access in step 2. Again, If your computer still has internet access, you will not be able to access the device setup page.
- Type http://pitneyboweslogin.net into the browser's address bar and press Enter. You will be prompted to sign in to the setup page for the device.
- If you are not prompted for a username and password, this means that your computer still has internet access. Return to step 2.
- At the sign-in prompt, enter the following:
- username: admin
- password: admin
- Select OK. The Quick Setup screen should appear.
Connect the WiFi Connection Device to your meter
- Once signed in, on the Quick Setup screen, select Next.
- When the Device Setup screen appears, select Client, then select Next.
- When the Wireless Client screen appears, select the appropriate settings for your wireless network. If you do not know the settings to enter, select the Survey button. A list of all accessible wireless networks will be displayed.
- Select Connect next to the wireless network you wish to use. The network’s name (SSID) and most of the other fields will automatically be filled in.
- Enter the WiFi password. Contact your IT department if you do not know this information.
- Select Next.
- On the Finish page, select Reboot.
- Wait 3 minutes for it to connect to your WiFi network. The device is now set up for your chosen wireless network.
- In your browser, confirm that you can navigate to a known website such as google.com.
- Close your browser.
- Disconnect the device from your computer.
- Reconnect your computer to your network by either reconnecting the network cable you disconnected, or by turning the WiFi back on.
Resetting the device
- Turn off the meter.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port on the meter and to the WiFi Connection Device.
- To provide power to the WiFi Connection Device, connect the power adapter and plug it into a power outlet.
- Wait a few minutes for the WiFi Connection Device to connect your network.
- Test the connection by checking your Postage By Phone® account balance.
If the installation fails, or if you would like to start over, you can perform a factory reset:
- With the device turned on, use a pin to press and hold the Reset button for approximately 5 seconds, until the LED flashes quickly (rather than its normal slow flashing).
- Release the button and wait for the device to reboot to its factory default settings.
UPDATED: February 10, 2021