Your meter displays the error message Gateway address not set
and you have a Communication Device.
Try your Communication Device troubleshooting solutions in this order:
Solution 1: Restart your meter and your Communication Device
- Restart your meter and your Communication Device
- Try in-depth troubleshooting techniques
- Try a different connection method
- Unplug your meter's power cord.
- Unplug the power cord from your Communication Device.
- Wait one full minute.
- Plug the power cord into your Communication Device.
- Plug your meter’s power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
If your issue is not resolved, go to Solution 2.Solution 2: Try in-depth troubleshooting techniques
If your issue is not resolved, go to Solution 3.Solution 3: Try a different connection method
Upgrade to a SmartLink™ device to connect your meter to your LAN (Local Area Network) using an ethernet cable or WiFi. A Smartlink device enables you to add postage and perform data uploads with speed and ease, as well as access postage rates and software updates automatically, by providing a digital connection to Pitney Bowes.
Use the Contact Us
options below if you need further assistance. Have your model and serial number ready.
UPDATED: March 11, 2021