Sharing the Address Book in SendPro Online or PitneyShip
By default, each SendPro Online or PitneyShip user has their own address book, but if you have a multi-user subscription, you can choose to have users share addresses.
Products affected: SendPro® Online, PitneyShip™
By default, each user has their own address book, but if you have a multi-user subscription, you can choose to have users share addresses.
Only users with the role of Admin can perform this procedure.
Select your software version
There are currently two versions of our shipping software. Click on the image that matches your Home screen to view the instructions for your version.
SendPro Online (classic)
With a shared address book:
- All users can add, edit, and delete recipient addresses.
- All users can import addresses, but when doing so, they cannot replace the entire address book.
- The shared address book is only for recipient addresses. Sender addresses are still set for each user individually.
- Select Settings > Admin Options.
- Under Share Address Book, check the I want to use a shared address book box.
Important: Once this setting is enabled, it cannot be undone. All users' address books will be permanently merged into one. There is no ability to go back to individual address books.
- When prompted, confirm that you wish to make this permanent change.
By default, addresses in PitneyShip are shared with all users in your enterprise. If you do not want the address to be shared, select the Private box.
UPDATED: October 06, 2022