Installing the FedEx Ship Manager Server TLS update for SendSuite Xpress
Learn how to install the FedEx Ship Manager Server TLS update for SendSuite Xpress.
Products affected: SendSuite® Xpress, FedEx Ship Manager Server
As of October 14, 2016, FedEx requires the Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 security communication protocol update to be installed for FedEx Ship Manager Server software.
- A Windows administrator-level account may be required to complete the installation.
- If updating from version 13.04 to 13.08, the ID and password of the account used to run the FedEx services is required. This is the “Log On As” account that was defined for the services during the original software installation (sometimes referred to as a service account).
- Determine your current version of FedEx Ship Manager Server:
- Windows 7/Server 2003/Server 2008: Select Windows Start > All Programs > FedEx Ship Manager Server Version.
- Windows 8/8.1/Server 2012: Select Windows Start. In the search box, type FedEx Ship Manager Server Version, and select FedEx Ship Manager Server Version.
- Windows 10: In the Search the Web and Windows box, type FedEx Ship Manager Server Version, and select FedEx Ship Manager Server Version.
- Download the appropriate update for your FedEx Ship Manager Server version:
- FedEx Ship Manager Server Versions 7.x – 12.1.0: Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 Update for FSMS 10
- FedEx Ship Manager Server Versions 13.x and above: Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 Update for FSMS 13
- Close all open programs.
- Double-click on the downloaded file.
- If prompted to extract the file, choose the Extract to Directory (select the ... button to change), then select Extract. The setup should begin automatically after the files are extracted. If it does not, go to the Extract to Directory, open the FSMS1308 folder, and double-click on setup.exe.
- Proceed through the installer steps, providing the requested information when prompted.
- If prompted to restart the computer, do so. The FSMS Demand Download will then run and complete the update.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021