Requesting a USPS stamp refund in SendPro Online or PitneyShip
You can request a refund up to 60 days from the date on which you printed a USPS stamp.
- When you request a refund for a USPS stamp, the postage amount is credited to your postage balance once approved.
- Stamp refund requests can take up to 5 business days to be approved.
- If you are using a US government account, you cannot request a refund for stamps.
Select your software version
There are currently two versions of our shipping software. Click on the image that matches your Home screen to view the instructions for your version.
- From the menu at the top, select History > Request a Refund.
- Select the USPS Stamps tab. The USPS stamps that are eligible for refund are shown.
- Select the transaction for which you wish to request a refund.
- Select Request Refund.
- Verify the information.
- Select Submit Refund Request.
The refund process involves selecting the stamps you need refunded, printing a form, and mailing in the form and the original spoiled or misprinted postage. Stamps from more than one transaction can be refunded at the same time.
- From the menu at the top, select Shipping & Mailing > Request a Stamp Refund. The USPS stamps that are eligible for refund are shown.
- Select the arrow next to the stamp transaction you wish to refund.
- Select the boxes next to the individual stamps you wish to refund. You can select stamps from more than one transaction to be refunded at the same time.
- Once all of the stamps for which you need to request a refund are selected, select the Print Refund Form button.
- Confirm the stamps to be refunded and select Print Form.
- The PDF form opens. Your information and the selected stamps will already be filled in. Do not write any other stamps on the form. (If you need to refund additional stamps, follow the steps above to create another form.) Print and sign the form.
- Mail the form and the spoiled postage to the address provided.
Important: The original spoiled or misprinted stamp sheets, envelopes, or stamp roll labels must be mailed in along with the form. If it is not included, the USPS will reject the request.
UPDATED: January 10, 2023