You can check the quality of the meter stamp imprint without using any of your postage funds by printing a meter stamp with $0.00 postage.Note:
You will need to have at least one account established to proceed with this task. You can set up a "dummy" account for this purpose or a legitimate account since no postage will be charged against the account.
- From the Home screen, select Mail.
- Select Weigh/Rate.
- Select Enter weight manually.
- Select Enter Pounds, enter 0, and press the Return key.
- Select Enter Ounces, enter 0, and press the Return key.
- Select Continue.
- Select First Class.
- Select Metered Letter.
- If accounting is enabled, select an account. No postage will be applied against the account since you entered $0.00 postage.
- If no account exists, you will be prompted to create one. After you have created an account, return to step one.
- Apply postage to the mail piece:
- If using the moistener, place the envelope flap side down along the back wall of the moistener and slide the envelope flap under the blue edge of the moistener unit. Slide the envelope towards the right until the system grasps it.
- If not using the moistener: Place the envelope or tape strip up against the registration wall of the system and slide it to the right until the system grasps it. The system prints the meter stamp and ejects the envelope or tape sheet.
UPDATED: October 13, 2020