For networking requirements, see the SendPro® 300 Installation Requirements and Connectivity Setup Guide
. For an illustrated version of the instructions below, see the SendPro 300 Quick Install guide
Watch this video or follow the instructions below to learn how to install your SendPro 300:
To install the SendPro 300:
- Remove the meter and all accessories from the box.
- Remove all tape and packing material.
- Put the meter on top of the lifter base.
- Position the meter so that you can access the back of the meter.
- Connect the green USB cable to the bottom port.
- Connect the next USB cable to the middle port.
- Connect the third B style (square) USB to the top port.
- Connect the small round power adapter.
- Connect the Internet cable to the blue jack.
- If you have the optional label printer:
- Attach the stacker tray.
- Open the cover and remove the protective sheet.
- Insert the sheet roll.
- Make sure the sheet is fed properly and close the cover.
- Connect the label printer to the base with the USB cable.
- Connect the label printer to a power source.
- Connect the large power cable to the meter and a power outlet.
- Turn on the power switch and wait for the touchscreen to finish booting up. This can take up to 30 seconds.
- Enter the local time.
- Install the print head and ink cartridge:
- Open the access cover.
- Unlatch and flip up the guard.
- Remove the print head from packaging.
- Remove the protective strip.
- Slide the print head pegs into the lower set of grooves, then snap the print head into place.
- Remove the ink cartridge from the wrapper and remove the silver foil strip from the bottom.
- Put the cartridge into the print head.
- Close the guard and click to secure.
- Close the access cover.
- When prompted, insert a spare envelope or a tape sheet for a test print.
- If the test print is good, select Yes.
- If the test print is poor, select No to perform additional maintenance.
- The meter will automatically connect to Pitney Bowes to get your available funds for adding postage.
- Enter the postage amount to add, then press Enter.
- Follow the remaining on-screen prompts to complete the installation. If you receive an UPDATE REQUIRED message, follow the screen prompts to perform the update.
- Attach the scale.
- To calibrate the scale, enter the correct scale code for your location.
- Attach the moistener:
- Position the moistener on the left side of the deck.
- Hold down the blue release lever and slide the moistener from left to right with the lip of the moistener above the deck.
- Fill the moistener reservoir with Pitney Bowes E-Z Seal® sealing solution.
Note: If you do not plan on moistening and sealing envelopes right now, you may fill it later.
- Slide the stacker into place. It does not connect mechanically to the system.
Congratulations! You’re ready to start using your postage meter!
To link your meter to Pitney Bowes, visit your account at pitneybowes.com
. Once activated, you will get the following benefits:
- Automatic software and postage rate updates
- The ability to manage your meter through a secure web portal
- The ability to transfer funds to your meter from your computer
- Customized time and cost savings insights
- One-click supply ordering
- Support and error troubleshooting
If you require additional assistance, contact customer support at 1-800-522-0020 from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Please have your model number ready.
UPDATED: July 10, 2020