Differential weighing is an optional feature that allows you to place multiple items on the weighing platform, remove one item at a time, rate that item, and put postage on it. This is repeated until you have finished all of the items on the weighing platform. This procedure is usually done when you have multiple mail pieces with different weights but all using the same class for rating.
- From the Home screen, select Mail.
- Select Weigh/Rate from the list on the left.
- Select Differential weighing.
- Place all mail pieces on the weighing platform.
- Remove one item from the weighing platform. The screen displays the default rating class and piece weight of the item that was removed.
- To make changes, scroll and select all desired mailing class and account options.
- When finished entering all the options, select Done. The class that you chose is now displayed along with the mail piece weight.
- Apply postage to the mail piece:
- If using the moistener, place the envelope flap side down along the back wall of the moistener and slide the envelope flap under the blue edge of the moistener unit. Slide the envelope towards the right until the system grasps it.
- If not using the moistener, place the envelope or tape strip up against the registration wall of the system and slide it to the right until the system grasps it. The system prints the meter stamp and ejects the envelope or tape strip.
- Repeat steps 5 - 8 for each item that requires postage.
- When you reach the last piece of mail, select rate this item and apply postage to the last mail piece.
UPDATED: July 21, 2020