Products affected: SendPro® Online
- From the SendPro Online Home screen or the Print menu, select a carrier.
- If you use Cost Accounts, select the desired account from the Cost Account menu.
- Enter the address, or select the Choose from Address Book icon to select an address from the address book.
- For packages going to U.S. territories or military locations, choose United States as the Country and choose the territory or military region from the State menu.
- FedEx only: State is not a required field unless it is being sent to United States or Canada. For all other regions, leave State blank.
- If prompted to verify the address, select Use Verified.
- To email the tracking number to recipients or senders when you print the label, select the Email the tracking number box and enter the email address.
- (Optional) To use a different carrier account, select the desired account from the Carrier Account menu at the top.
- (Optional) To charge the costs of the shipment to the recipient's or another third party's FedEx or UPS account, select Other billing options from the Carrier Account menu at the top.
- Select Continue.
- On the Choose Your Packaging screen, select the type of package and enter the package information. If you have an attached USB scale, select the scale button and place the package on the scale.
- For more information about carrier services and packaging, see the Carrier Services and Packaging section below.
- Select Continue.
- Enter the required customs information. Requirements vary by carrier – see the carrier's website for details.
- For international and military shipments in envelopes, Document must be chosen as the item type on the customs form.
- To add items, click the Add an Item button.
- Each item must have its weight, dollar value, and origin documented.
- A detailed item description is required for each item. "Paper" or "invoices" is considered an incomplete description and is not accepted by customs.
- On the Choose Your Service screen, select the shipping date, then select the service you wish to use. Use the menus at the top to change the carrier*, ship date, carrier account, or Ship from ZIP Code as needed.
- Once the service has been selected, choose any extra services you wish to add. The total cost for the label is shown at the bottom of the screen. The total cost may differ from the amount next to the services due to taxes and surcharges.
- When you are ready to print the label, select Print.
- To add a note about the shipment, enter it in the Memo field. You can enter up to 40 characters for USPS and up to 35 characters for FedEx and UPS. This memo appears on the label and in your history file.
- Select Print. The label opens in PDF format in a new window or tab, from which you can print. International labels must be printed on 8.5 x 11 paper.
- *If you select a carrier-specific package type, you will only see rates from that carrier. To see rates from all carriers, select My Box or Envelope.
- For USPS Priority Mail Express, the delivery date shown is the "guaranteed" delivery date from USPS, the latest time the package will be delivered. Priority Mail Express normally has a one day turnaround time, but actual delivery times depend on multiple factors including creation time, pickup time, and routing.
- Rates shown in SendPro Online may differ from rates shown on the carrier's website for the same item. For more information, see SendPro Online Rate and Carrier Rate Differences.
UPDATED: April 27, 2021