Creating an international, military, or U.S. territory shipping label in SendPro Online
Learn how to create an international, military, or U.S. territory shipping label in SendPro Online.
Products affected: SendPro® Online
Note: Service to international destinations may vary by carrier. For more information, visit the carriers' service alert web pages:
- From the SendPro Online or PitneyShip Home screen or the Print menu, select a carrier.
- If you use Cost Accounts, select the desired account from the Cost Account menu.
- Enter the recipient address, or select the address book icon to select an address from the address book.
- For packages going to U.S. territories or military locations, choose United States as the Country and choose the territory or military region from the State menu.
- For packages going to Canada, select Canada from the Country menu. For US military locations in Canada, select United States from the Country menu, then select Canada from the State menu under US Military States.
- FedEx only: State is not a required field unless it is being sent to United States or Canada. For all other regions, leave State blank.
- If prompted to verify the address, select Use Verified.
- To email the tracking number when you print the label, select the Email the tracking number box and enter the email address.
- (Optional) To use a different carrier account, select the desired account from the Carrier Account menu at the top.
- To charge the costs of the shipment to the recipient's or another third party's FedEx or UPS account, select Other billing options from the Carrier Account menu at the top.
- Select Continue.
- On the Choose Your Packaging screen, select the type of package and enter the package information. If you have an attached USB scale, select the scale button and place the package on the scale.For more information about carrier services and packaging, see the Carrier Services and Packaging section below.
- Select Continue.
- Enter the required customs information. Requirements vary by carrier – see the carrier's website for details.
- For international and military shipments in envelopes, Document must be chosen as the item type on the customs form.
- To add items, click the Add an Item button.
- Each item must have its weight, dollar value, and origin documented.
- A detailed item description is required for each item. "Paper" or "invoices" is considered an incomplete description and is not accepted by customs.
- On the Choose Your Service screen, select the shipping date, then select the service you wish to use. Use the menus at the top to change the carrier*, ship date, carrier account, or Ship from ZIP Code as needed.
- Once the service has been selected, choose any extra services you wish to add. The total cost for the label is shown at the bottom of the screen. The total cost may differ from the amount next to the services due to taxes and surcharges.
- Select Print.
- To add a note about the shipment, enter it in the Memo field. You can enter up to 40 characters for USPS and up to 35 characters for FedEx and UPS. This memo appears on the label and in your history file.
- Select Print. The label opens in PDF format in a new browser tab, from which you can print. International labels must be printed on 8.5 x 11 paper.
UPDATED: October 11, 2023