When the weight of a mail piece is known and the optional scale is not being used, or when the weight of the mail piece exceeds the weight limit of the scale, you can enter a manual weight.
To enter a manual weight:
- Press Menu.
- Press Review (down) to scroll to Type In A Weight?
- Press Enter/Yes.
- Enter the pounds and press Enter/Yes.
- Enter the ounces and press Enter/Yes.
Note: If there was no class specified on the display when the mail piece was placed on the scale, scroll and select the desired class; otherwise, the meter will select a class based on the weight of the mail piece.
Note: The meter allows for entering either a ZIP Code or a Zone number for those USPS classes that require a destination entry (e.g., Priority class over 1 lb.). When prompted to enter a ZIP or Zone in these cases, either enter the 5-digit ZIP Code or one-digit Zone number (0-8) of the mail piece destination.
- The display shows the final postage amount and class chosen.
- Slide the envelope or tape sheet into the mail deck. The meter prints the digital indicia and indicates when to remove the mail piece.
UPDATED: January 18, 2015