Complete and submit the Refund Request form
if you meet the criteria for a refund. Once the request form has been submitted, refunds typically take 10-15 business days to process.
If you are part of a bankruptcy, receivership or assignment for the benefit of creditors (only), fill in the Bankruptcy Refund Request form
. Allow up to 3 weeks for processing.
*Requests for these types of refunds must be made through your local Post Office; however, restrictions may apply
- Free postage
- *Misprinted or printed but unused postage.
- *Prepaid postage, originally made payable to the USPS, that is less than $25.
Refunds are not needed when:
- Replacing or upgrading a meter, as the postage on the meter can be transferred back to your postage account for later.
- Multiple meters are on the account, as transferred postage can be used to fund your other meters.
- Apply to other purchases on account.
Refunds are requested when:
- Canceling a meter on a single meter account
- Reduce a credit balance
- Retrieve an over-payment on an account
UPDATED: May 04, 2021