Replacing the printhead on the DM300C-DM475
Poor print quality after you installed a new ink cartridge or cleaned the printhead is a sign that you need to replace the printhead.
Products affected: DM300C™, DM400C™, DM450C™, and DM475™
Replace the printhead on your device if you have installed a new ink cartridge or cleaned the printhead and the print nozzle and are still experiencing poor print quality.
- If you have a scale, lift it up and remove it from the top of the machine.
- Open the ink tank access cover.
- The screen displays two options; select Replace Print Head.
- The carriage moves forward slightly. Unlock the green ink tank latch.
- Remove the ink cartridge and place it on a flat surface with the red circle facing up.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the print head. While squeezing, lift and tilt to the right. The print head should lift easily from the machine.
- Unpack your new print head and remove the protective tape from the bottom.
- Squeeze the two gray tabs on either side of the new print head and slightly angle it while sliding it back into the slots in the carriage unit. Make sure to press the top left and right of the gray tabs to lock the new print head into position.
- Reinstall the ink tank carriage and lock the green latch.
- Close the ink tank access cover and replace the scale, if applicable.
- Your meter detects the new print head and prompt you to run a maintenance feature.
- Your meter prompts you to print a test pattern. Select one of the following options:
- To print a test pattern, select Yes, Print Test Pattern.
- To skip printing a test pattern and return to the Home screen, select No.
UPDATED: April 04, 2022