The HP Uninterruptible Power Supply(UPS) attached to the DFWorks server is showing a red failed battery light.
The battery life span for a UPS is about 24 months. After that the batteries break down and drain quickly under load or fail immediately when line power goes out.
1) For UPS’s covered under HP warranty or Day One contract, the batteries must be replaced prior to HP replacing UPS unit.
2) For battery replacement, determine model from label on front of UPS.
3) Contact the PB vendor and request a quote for a battery or batteries.
4) Send the quote from the vendor, along with the CSR’s cost center to PBS manager for approval. Once approved, the batteries will be shipped to customer site.
5) If after replacing batteries they still show as failed:
- Power off all attached servers and devices.
- Power off UPS.
- Unplug the UPS power cord from wall outlet and wait for one minute.
- Plug UPS back into wall power and power on.
- If batteries still show as failed, got to Step 6.
6) Get HP serial number and Product ID (PID) from a server in the rack and contact HP service. Our contract with HP covers devices attached to a server in a rack.
7) Request that an HP Rep come to the site to replace the UPS.
UPDATED: April 19, 2017