When using the Differential Weighing option, you place all of the mail on the scale at once. As you remove each piece, one at a time, the system calculates the postage for that piece of mail and applies it as that piece runs through the system. This is useful when running mixed weight mail in the same class.
Each piece of mail must weigh at least as much as the Differential Weigh Trip Weight that was previously set. If a piece of mail is removed that does not meet the minimum weight, the scale does not recognize the removal of the piece of mail.
Follow these steps to use differential weighing:
- Press Weigh / Rate.
- Select Diff. Weighing.
- Place a stack of mail on the scale. The mail can be in a container or stacked on the scale.
- Remove one mail piece.
- If more than one piece of mail gets removed mistakenly, place all of the mail pieces back on the scale. If only one piece is put back on, the system does not print the correct postage.
- Insert the mail piece to print postage.
- Continue until all mail gets processed.
- Select Rate this item to print the last piece when the last mail piece is on the scale. If you used a container, select Exit Diff. Weighing.
- Press Home.
- Press Normal Preset.
Use the Contact Us
options below if you need further assistance.Important:
Differential Weighing is an optional feature that must be purchased. To inquire about purchasing Differential Weighing, contact your Pitney Bowes Sales Representative.
UPDATED: August 24, 2020