Setting or changing the normal preset on the DM100i-DM225
Learn how to set or change the normal preset on the DM100i, DM125, DM200L and DM225.
Products affected: DM100®i, DM125™, DM200L™, DM225™
Creating a normal preset allows you to set a frequently-used postage class as the default postage amount on your meter's Home screen.
Follow these sample steps to create a First-Class Letter normal preset:
- Define the settings you need for your normal preset:
- From the Home screen, select Class.
- Select US Domestic or US Intl.
- Select the desired class.
- Select the desired package type.
- Add any other settings required for your normal preset.
- Select Done.
- Confirm that your screen shows the correct class.
- Save your settings as a normal preset:
- Press Custom Presets.
- Select Define Normal Preset.
- Select YES: store preset.
- Select Continue.
- Press Home. Your system returns to the Home screen.
- You cannot edit a normal preset. To change a normal preset, you must create a new normal preset, which replaces your previous normal preset. You can only have one normal preset.
- To ensure that your preset gets automatically updated when postal rates change, define your preset using a class rather than a fixed amount.
- A normal preset is the default setting on your franking machine that you define with your most commonly used values, such as postage rates and class. This normal preset value is the default state on your mailing system when it is first powered on, or after it awakens from "sleep" mode.
UPDATED: November 04, 2021