Products affected: DM125™, DM225™, DM300C™, DM400C™, DM450C™, DM Infinity™, SendPro® 300
The WiFi Connection Device connects DM Series meters to the Pitney Bowes Data Center through your wireless (WiFi) network. The WiFi Connection Device is compatible with 801.11b, 801.11g, and 801.11n only.
Step 1: Sign in to the WiFi Connection Device
- Turn on your computer.
- Disconnect your computer from all sources of internet access. Unplug your network cable and turn the WiFi off.
Important: If your computer has internet access, you cannot access the WiFi Connection Device setup page.
- Connect the WiFi Connection Device to power. You can either use the USB cable and supplied power adapter, or you can plug the USB cable into a powered USB port on your computer.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the WiFi Connection Device.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to a network port on your computer.
- Open a web browser.
- Wait for the browser to display an error message such as, “Internet Explorer cannot display the web page.” or “Page not found”. It does this because you disconnected the internet access in Step 2.
- Type http://pitneyboweslogin.net into the browser's address bar and press Enter.
- You get prompted to sign in to the setup page for the device.
- If you are not prompted for a username and password, this means that your computer still has internet access. Return to Step 2.
- At the sign-in prompt, enter the following:
- username: admin
- password: admin
- Select OK.
Step 2: Configure the WiFi Connection Device
- Once signed in, on the Quick Setup screen, select Next.
- When the Device Setup screen appears, select Client, then select Next.
- When the Wireless Client screen appears, select the appropriate settings for your wireless network. Select the Survey button to display a list of all accessible wireless networks.
- Select Connect next to the wireless network you wish to use. The network’s name (SSID) and most of the other fields automatically get filled in.
- Enter the WiFi password. Contact your IT department if you do not know this information.
- Select Next.
- On the Finish page, select Reboot.
- Wait 3 minutes for the device to connect to your WiFi network. The device is now set up for your chosen wireless network.
- Confirm that you can navigate to a known website such as google.com in your browser.
- Close your browser.
- Disconnect the device from your computer.
- Reconnect your computer to your network by either reconnecting the network cable you disconnected, or by turning the WiFi back on.
Step 3: Connect the WiFi Connection Device to your meter
- Turn off the meter.
- Connect using the USB Ethernet adapter from the USB Ethernet Connectivity Kit:
- Plug the USB Ethernet adapter into one of the USB ports on the meter.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the other end of the USB Ethernet adapter.
- Connect the other end of Ethernet cable to your WiFi Connection Device.
- To provide power to the WiFi Connection Device, either connect the power adapter and plug it into a power outlet (recommended), or connect the USB cable to an open USB port on the meter.
- Wait a few minutes for the WiFi Connection Device to connect your network.
- Check your PB Postage™ account balance to test your connection.
Step 4: Resetting the deviceIf your installation fails, or if you would like to start over, perform a factory reset:
- With the device turned on, use a pin to press and hold the Reset button for approximately 5 seconds, until the LED flashes quickly (rather than its normal slow flashing).
- Release the button and wait for the WiFi Connection Device to reboot to its factory default settings.
UPDATED: June 11, 2021