The envelope flaps are not moistened or are only partially moistened.
This can be caused by a number of issues:
- Being out of E-Z Seal® solution
- A buildup of dust or glue on the brush or wick
- A mechanical problem
Follow these steps to resolve sealing issues:
Prime the moistener (This is most helpful when the brush is not completely moistened.):
- Press Seal.
- Press Prime Moistener.
- When the pump stops, press the left arrow to return to the home screen.
Adjust the seal wetness.
- Press Seal.
- Select Adjust Wetness.
- Press the left arrow to decrease the wetness.
- Press the right arrow button to increase the wetness.
- Press Enter.
Make sure to test with multiple envelopes, because it may take some time before the wetness settings take full effect.
Refill the sealant bottle:
- Open the top feeder cover.
- Lift out the E-Z Seal bottle. The bottle is located to the left of the tape roll.
- Remove the cap.
- Add enough E-Z Seal to bring the level up to the bottom of the fill cap.
- Reattach the cap.
- Place the bottle back into the machine.
- Close the top feeder cover.
Remove the moistener brush assembly and wick:
- Open the feeder cover.
- Push down on the blue moistener brush button located on the feed deck.
- Pull moistener brush assembly straight out towards you.
- Inspect the felt pad. The felt pad should be flat and straight. Over time the felt pad may become worn and may not be flat. If this happens, pull the brush out and turn it around.
Note: If the pad is worn and cannot be reversed, it will be need to be replaced.
- Set the brush assembly aside for now and remove the wick.
Clean the brush and wick:
- Take the brush and wick to a sink and run them under warm water.
- Using your fingers, gently rub to remove and dust or glue buildup.
Note: Do not use any soap or cleaning agents. Be careful to not deform the brush or wick.
Reinstall the wick and brush:
- Slide the wick back into place.
- Replace the clean moistener brush assembly by pushing the assembly back on its track until it snaps into position. Make sure that the assembly is level with the feed deck to prevent envelopes from jamming.
- Close the top cover.
If the issue is still not resolved, contact client support. Please have your model number ready.
UPDATED: May 21, 2018