The envelope flaps are not moistened or are only partially moistened.
This can be caused by a number of issues:
- Being out of E-Z Seal® solution
- A buildup of dust or glue on the brush or wick
- A mechanical problem
Follow these steps to resolve sealing issues:
Adjust the seal wetness:
- Press Seal.
- Select Adjust Wetness.
- Select a setting from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest).
- Press Enter.
Refill the sealant bottle:
- Open the top feeder cover.
- Lift out the E-Z Seal bottle. The bottle is located to the left of the tape roll.
- Remove the cap.
- Add enough E-Z Seal to bring the level up to the bottom of the fill cap.
- Reattach the cap.
- Place the bottle back in the mailing machine.
- Close the top feeder cover.
Make sure that the sealer float is not stuck to the bottom of the sealer tank:
- To locate the float, remove the water bottle from the machine.
- Reach into the machine where the bottle normally rests. The float sits vertically on the right side wall of the tank.
- Use your finger to gently move the float up and down to ensure that it is free to move.
Cycle the Nozzle Motor:
- Type 6946 and press Funds. The machine will enter service mode.
- Select Diagnostics.
- Select MMC Diagnostics.
- Select Motors.
- Select Water Pump Exerciser.
- Select Water Pump On.
- Let the pump run for 10 - 15 seconds.
- Select Water Pump Off to stop the pump.
- Press the left arrow to exit service mode.
If your still having sealing issues, contact client support. Please have your model number ready.
UPDATED: May 21, 2018