How to install Windows Mobile Device Center for use with SendSuite Tracking or Arrival
Learn how to install Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) on a computer used with SendSuite Tracking or Arrival.
Products affected: SendSuite® Tracking, SendSuite® Arrival®
To install Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC):
- Connect the Windows Mobile Device to the computer using the USB cradle.
- To determine if the computer's Operating System is 32-bit or 64-bit, select the Windows Start icon, right-click on Computer, and choose Properties. The System section will indicate either 32-bit or 64-bit.
- Select one of the following links to download the 32-bit or 64-bit WMDC version to match your operating system:
Note: The WMDC pages on the Microsoft website may only reference Windows Vista. The software is compatible with Windows 7.
- In your Downloads folder, double-click on the drvupdate_x86.exe or ordrvupdate-amd64.exe file you downloaded. This will install the files and driver needed for WMDC.
Note: If a security warning or User Access Control (UAC) pop-up box displays, select Allow or Run.
- When the message Device driver was installed successfully displays, select Finish.
- Select the Windows Start icon > All Programs > WMDC to sync the device with your computer.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021