Installing the mailstation or mailstation2 with a Communication Device with a wired connection
Learn how to install a wired network connection on the mailstation and mailstation2 with a Communication Device.
Products affected: mailstation™, mailstation2™
Follow these steps to set up and connect to your wired network with a Communication Device.
Unpack your box
- Unpack your new postage meter and all components included in the box.
- Review the mailstation/mailstation2 Install Guide.
- Plug one end of the network cable into an active internet port.
- Plug the other end of the network cable into the Communication Device.
- Plug the AC adapter power cord into the Communication Device and plug it into a power outlet. When the left LED is lit yellow, the device has power. Wait 45 seconds until the right LED is blinking orange. This indicates that the Communication Device is communicating with your network.
- Plug one end of the short USB cable into the Communication Device.
- Plug the other end of the short USB cable into the meter.
- Plug the second power cord into the meter and plug it into a power outlet.
- The meter displays startup screens and you hear the meter’s printer initialize.
- Once the initialization process completes, the right LED changes to blinking green. This indicates that the meter successfully connected to the internet through your network.
Complete the installation by returning to the mailstation/mailstation2 Install Guide section “Install Scale."
If your network requires special settings, such as static IPs or proxy settings, consult your IT department. See the “Special Network Settings” instructions provided in the Communication Device Install Instructions.
UPDATED: January 03, 2023