The customer is trying to import a snapshot into Designer 6.0 and receiving the following error:
Shell command "MKDIR (file store location) generated error "Access is denied.".
90008: Shell command "MKDIR (file store location) generated error "Access is denied.".
The MKDIR command is executed by the SQL Server service on the Designer Server PC.
That service does not have enough user rights to run the MKDIR command or create the folder within the File Store location.
- Open the Services Control Panel.
- Right-click the SQL Server service (red box).
- Select “Properties”.
- Select the Log On tab (green box).
- Select “This Account” and enter an Administrator User and Password for the server. (blue box).
- Stop and Restart the SQL Server service.
UPDATED: November 16, 2017