When trying to refill a meter in DFWorks Funds Management it fails with the "PbP Center Error 303 (The PBP task cannot make a socket connection to the Data Center server.)" message.
The PbP Center Error 303 is a network related error.
If all meters at the site are getting the PbP Center Error 303, check the following:
1. Make sure that the customer LAN NIC card is configured correctly. (I.P. Address, subnet mask, default gateway)
- If it is not configured correctly, make the corrections and try to refill again.
- If it is configured correctly, move to step 2.
2. Test LAN connectivity by pinging known devices with the customer network.
- If unable to ping devices on the customer segment, have customer IT team check network.
- If able to ping other devices, move to step 3.
3. Test connection to Postage by Phone center by:
- Open a command prompt on the DFWorks Web/App server.
- Type the following command: telnet cometservp1.pb.com 80
- If successful the command prompt will go blank. If it fails to get to the center it will display a timeout message.
- If the test fails, have customer IT team verify firewall connectivity to Cometservp1.pb.com.
If only one meter at the site is getting the PbP Center Error 303, check the following:
1. Make sure meter network settings are correct. (I.P. Address, subnet mask, default gateway)
2. Move the meter to a known working inserter and try to refill the meter through DFWorks.
- If the meter refills, check the inserter network connections to the meter.
- If the meter fails to refill, replace the meter.
UPDATED: October 30, 2015