The meter displays error code 2481 and will not run mail.
The mail piece has skewed.
Restart your meter and clear any jams. Follow these steps for a safe restart:
- Unplug the power cord
- Wait one to three minutes
- Turn the jam release handle on the front of the meter clockwise, then check for and remove any debris in the meter
- Blow out the mail path with nonflammable compressed air
- Make sure the mail piece is against the back wall and going through the meter straight
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet
If the issue is unresolved after following these steps, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: April 13, 2016