The meter displays Cover Open and will not print mail.
Either the top cover is open or the switch in the cover is malfunctioning.
If the "Cover Open" message displays when the cover is closed, the switch may be jammed. Follow these steps resolve the issue:
- Lift top cover and locate NOTICE sticker.
- Under the NOTICE sticker on right side, locate the black button.
- Press the black button 5 times.
- Close the top cover.
- If the message still has not cleared, restart the meter:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
If the issue is not resolved after following these steps, contact client support. Please have your model number ready.
UPDATED: May 02, 2018