Envelopes are not sealing or only partially sealing.
The system may be low on sealing solution, or there may be an issue with the moistener brush.
Follow these steps to resolve these possible sealing issues:Low Sealant
Dry Moistener Brush
- Make sure that the sealer bottle has fluid.
- Make sure that the sealer bottle is seated properly in the holder. It should make a 'glug' sound when it is seated properly.
Dirty Moistener Brush
- Make sure that the sealer bottle/moistener has fluid.
- Make sure that the sealer bottle is installed correctly.
- Make sure that the grate is installed correctly. An incorrect installation can keep the brush from contacting the wick properly.
- Wet the moistener brush with E-Z® Seal.
- If the brush dries out quickly, replace the moistener wick.
Worn Moistener Brush
- Remove the moistener brush.
- Clean the moistener brush with plain water and rinse it thoroughly.
Glue is slow-acting
- Replace the moistener brush.
- Remove mail from the drop stacker.
- Examine the mail pieces and ensure that each envelope flap is seated flat against the body of the envelope.
- If necessary, tap the mail on the table to ensure all the mail pieces are even with each other.
- With the mail facing you, run your hand across the top of the stack while squeezing the stack together. Repeat this process as needed.
- Allow the envelopes to dry undisturbed.
For more information about locating, filling, or maintaining the moistener, see the Operator Guide
UPDATED: April 23, 2018