The meter is not connecting to the Pitney Bowes Data Center via a wired network connection.
Network issues may be caused by problems with the settings, the physical connection, or a firewall.
Follow the steps in each section to troubleshoot your connection issues:
- Make sure that the meter is not connected to a phone line or to a computer with PC Meter Connect installed.
- Check the LEDs (lights) located where your network cable plugs in. The green LED light should be on (solid green) within one minute of turning on the meter.
- The orange light should be blinking. This indicates the connection data transfer.
- If no transfer is indicated, make sure that the Ethernet cable is plugged in firmly.
- If the LEDs are not lit, verify that the other end of the Ethernet cable is plugged into a router or wall port.
- If the cable is plugged in, try a different cable.
- After a new cable is installed, if there are still no lights at all, contact technical support. Have your model number ready.
Check with your IT department or service provider for the requirements and to find out if any network settings have changed. If anything has changed, update the meter settings accordingly. For details, see Setting up a wired network connection on the DM475
Certain file extensions, URLs, ports, and protocols must be allowed through your network firewall in order for the meter to connect. Verify with your IT department or service provider that your firewall is configured to meet all of the requirements stated in the Networking and Connectivity details
UPDATED: May 10, 2021