For SendSuite® Xpress and Ascent™, this only applies to clients using Pitney Bowes Secure Archive for eRR.
Follow these steps to view your e-Return Receipt (eRR) signatures on the Pitney Bowes website:
- Sign in to your Pitney Bowes account.
- In the Your Products section, select the product that was used to create the e-Return Receipt.
If your only Pitney Bowes product is SendPro® online, then the Your Products section of your account may not be visible. You can view your e-Return Receipts on the USPS website
- From the Popular Tasks menu, select USPS Tracking & e-Return Receipts.
- Use the filters at the top of the list to locate the desired tracking numbers. If the e-Return Receipt is not yet available, the Special Service column will say Certified Mail. Once the e-Return Receipt is available, the Special Service column will change from Certified Mail to E-return receipt.
- Download the desired e-Return Receipt signatures:
- To view and download a single e-Return Receipt signature, select the E-return receipt link in the Special Service column.
- To view and download a batch of up to 25 e-Return Receipt signatures, select the Export E-Return Receipts link at the bottom of the page. This will create a PDF file that contains an e-Return Receipt for every tracking number in the current list that has an e-Return Receipt signature. The table must contain at least one record with an E-Return Receipt.
- To view and download one week's worth of e-Return Receipt signatures:
- Select Download E-Return Receipt near the top of the page.
- In the pop-up box, select your account number and Mailer ID number, then select View ERR file.
- In the Signature File List window, select the View link next to the desired proof of delivery (POD) file to view that week's e-Return Receipts. (The window lists both POD files and table of contents/TOC files. POD files contain e-Return Receipt signatures. TOC files do not contain e-Return Receipt signatures.)
If you are unable to locate an e-Return Receipt signature:
- Ensure that the status of the item in the Status column is Delivered.
- Ensure that the item was processed with e-Return Receipt. This can be done by viewing the Cost column on the Pitney Bowes website. The cost of the item should be greater than $5.50 (postage + certified + e-Return Receipt).
- Ensure that enough time has passed for the e-Return Receipt to be available. This can be done by viewing the Status Date column on the Pitney Bowes website.
- The e-Return Receipt signatures are sent from the USPS to the Pitney Bowes website once per week, on Mondays. If Monday is a federal holiday (see below), the e-Return Receipt signatures will be sent from the USPS to the Pitney Bowes website on Tuesday.
- Typically, if an item is delivered early in the week (Monday-Thursday), the e-Return Receipt signature will be available on the Pitney Bowes website the following Monday. If an item is delivered late in the week (Friday-Sunday), the e-Return Receipt signature will be available on the Pitney Bowes website either the following Monday or the Monday after that.
Federal holidays affecting e-Return Receipt signature availability:
New Years Day
Martin Luther King Day
UPDATED: January 14, 2019