The meter displays one of the following error codes or system messages, and will not connect to the Pitney Bowes Data Center:
Error codes on the meter
10053, 10054, 1813, 94, 200D, DE00, DE01, DE02, DE03, DE04, DE05, DE06, DE07, DE08, DE09, DE0A, DE0B, DE0C, DE0D, DE0E, DE0F, DE10, DE11, DE12, DE13, DE14, DE15, DE16, DE17, DE18, DE19, DE1A, DE1B, DE1C, DE1C, DE1D, DE1E, DE1F, DE20, DE21, DE22, DE23, DE24, DE25, DE26, DE27, DE28, DE2E
Error codes in PC Meter Connect
EDE00, EDE01, EDE02, EDE03, EDE04, EDE05, EDE06, EDE07, EDE08, EDE09, EDE0A, EDE0B, EDE0C, EDE0D, EDE0E, EDE0F, EDE10, EDE11, EDE12, EDE13, EDE14, EDE15, EDE16, EDE17, EDE18, EDE19, EDE1A, EDE1B, EDE1C, EDE1C, EDE1D, EDE1E, EDE1F, EDE20, EDE21, EDE22, EDE23, EDE24, EDE25, EDE26, EDE27, EDE28, EDE2E, ED00
No Dial Tone, Data Center Busy, Connect Phone Cord, Link Negotiation Failed, No Carrier Detected, No Carrier Detected Online, Modem Connection to AT&T Failed, Invalid User Id/Password, No Modem Detected, Connection Dropped, Cannot Reach Data Center, Line Busy, and Connection Lost, IntelliLink dropped, Data Center Timeout, Server Time out, No Carrier Detected On Line
There are two ways to troubleshoot this device; try them in this order:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one full minute.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
If your issue is not resolved by restarting, see Solution 2
- If your meter connects using a SmartLink device (via wired or WiFi), see Troubleshooting SmartLink connection issues.
- If your meter connects through your computer using the PC Meter Connect software, see Troubleshooting PC Meter Connect issues.
- If your meter connects using a wired network (Ethernet) connection, see Troubleshooting wired network connection issues.
- If your meter connects using dial-up (analog) phone line, see Troubleshooting dial-up phone connection issues.
If you are unable to connect to the internet, ask your IT department to check the internet settings before you contact Pitney Bowes. If you still need assistance, please use the Contact Us options below.
UPDATED: March 10, 2021