The meter displays the message "No Ink Tank Detected" and will not print.
The ink cartridge is missing or is undetected by the meter.
To resolve this error:
- Select Install Ink Tank.
- Open the top cover.
- If the ink cartridge is missing, install a new one.
- If an ink cartridge is present, follow these steps:
- Carefully remove the ink cartridge.
- Examine the seven gold pins where the ink cartridge sat:
- If the gold pins look okay (not bent or broken), go to step c.
- If any pins are bent or broken, contact customer support from 8am to 8pm Eastern Time. Please have your model number ready.
- Remove the print head.
- Use a dry, lint-free cloth to wipe the bottom of the print head.
- Reinsert the print head and ink cartridge.
- Reboot the meter:
- Turn the power off with the power switch on the back.
- Wait for the display to turn off.
- Wait one minute, then turn the power switch back on.
If you need ink, order a genuine Pitney Bowes replacement ink cartridge:
If the issue is not resolved after following these steps, contact customer support at 1-800-522-0020 from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Have your model number ready.
UPDATED: July 01, 2020