"Meter Not Detected" when using PC Meter Connect on the mailstation series, DM100i-DM475
The "Meter Not Detected" message occurs when the PC Meter Connect software and your computer do not communicate on the mailstation, mailstation2, DM100i, DM125, DM200L and DM225. DM300C, DM400C and DM475.
Products affected: mailstation™, mailstation2™, DM100®i, DM125™, DM200L™, DM225™ DM300C™, DM400C™, DM475™, PC Meter Connect™
The PC Meter Connect icon in the system tray (small icons by the clock) says "Meter not detected".
The PC Meter Connect software and your meter are not communicating.
Solution 1: Restart your meter
- Unplug your power cord from the back of your meter.
- Unplug your USB cable from the back of your meter.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug your USB cable back into your meter. Make sure that the other end of your USB cable is plugged into your computer.
- Plug your power cord back into your meter. You should see the message "Meter Detected".
If you still see the message "Meter Not Detected", try Solution 2.
Solution 2: Make sure that you have the latest version of PC Meter Connect installed
- The latest version of PC Meter Connect desktop application is 05.00.0081.
- Right-click on the PC Meter Connect system tray icon (small icons by the clock).
- Select About PC Meter Connect.
- If you do not have the latest version, uninstall and reinstall it:
- Right-click on the system tray icon and select Exit.
- Unplug the USB cable from the meter and the computer.
- Unplug the power cord from the back of the meter.
- Select Windows Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- Select PC Meter Connect and select Uninstall.
- Download and install the latest version of PC Meter Connect .
- If you reinstall PC Meter Connect, restart your meter and your computer:
- Unplug your power cord.
- Wait one minute.
- Plug your power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
- Restart your computer by closing all open programs and selecting Shut down from the Windows Start menu.
- Once your computer completely shuts down, turn it back on.
- Attempt your connection again.
If your issue is not resolved, try Solution 3.
Solution 3: Check your computer's USB controllers
- Select Windows Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.
- Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and look for PB Postage Meter:
- If PB Postage Meter is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers and does not have a yellow question mark icon on it, proceed to Step 3.
- If PB Postage Meter is not listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers:
- Test the port that your meter's USB cable is plugged into by plugging in another USB device such as a mouse or flash drive.
- If the other device fails, this indicates an issue with the USB port. Try a different USB port on your computer.
- If the other device works in the USB port, try a different USB cable. If a different USB cable works, this indicates that v original USB cable may be defective.
- If there are no issues with your USB port or your cable, proceed to Step 3.
- If PB Postage Meter is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers with a yellow question mark icon:
- Right-click on PB Postage Meter.
- Select Update Driver Software.
- Select No, not this time.
- Select Next.
- Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced).
- Select Next.
- Select Include this location in the search.
- Select Browse.
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Pitney Bowes\PC Meter Connect\USBDriver\.
- Select Next and wait for the process to finish.
- If the yellow question mark goes away, retry your connection. If your issue is still not resolved or if the yellow question mark returns, proceed to Step 3.
- Restart both your computer and your meter.
Use the Contact Us options below if you need further assistance. Have your model and serial number ready.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021