A payment has not yet posted to your Pitney Bowes account.
There are several reasons why a payment might not be reflected on your account. Here are some suggestions for tracking a payment that has not posted to your account as expected.
- Review payment time frame
We may not yet have received your payment. A payment is not considered missing until after the payment posting time frame has passed.
- Mailed checks: Payments are received within 7-10 days after the payment has been mailed and for lockbox processing. Payments received on Friday through Sunday will show on your account the next business day.
- Online: Payments will be processed once each business day at 5:00 pm ET. The status will show pending until the payment is released. Verify online billing and payment details using your account.
Note: Purchase Power® payments made after 5:00 pm ET Friday through 5:00 pm ET Sunday will be processed Sunday evening and posted overnight. Payments made after 5:00 pm ET Sunday will be processed Monday at 5:00 pm ET.
- ACH/Wire: Payments are received within one business day.
Note: The Pitney Bowes, Inc. bank account does not accept or transmit wires - only the Reserve Account is set up to accept Federal Wires for postage. All other portfolios should use ACH.
- Phone payments: Payments made by 5 pm ET will be processed within 24 hours. After 5 pm ET, payments will be processed within 48 hours. Payments made Friday through Sunday will post the following Monday.
- Review bank activity
Your current bank statement can show whether or not the funds have been withdrawn from your bank account.
- If the funds have not been withdrawn, payment may have been lost or delayed
- Payments without proper customer reference (such as Purchase Power account number) cannot be applied properly and could have failed to process
- Payments can be delayed when the correct mailing address for your account type is not used
- When funds have been withdrawn, it could indicate that the payment has been misapplied.
- Review your Pitney Bowes accounts
- Check your other Pitney Bowes accounts to make sure the payment did not post to the wrong one. If it did post incorrectly, chat with an agent to get the payment reapplied correctly.
- If your account shows a credit that is different than what the check was written for, (e.g., check amount is $200.00, but was applied to the account for $2000.00 or $20.00), there may have been an encoding error. Fax a copy of the front and back of the cashed check to 203-460-5155 to correct the error. Be sure to include:
- Contact Name
- Phone Number
- Account Number where funds were applied incorrectly
- Adjustments will be initiated within 5 days. Final corrections are dependent on bank responses.
- Make a Research Request
If you know that the window for payment processing has passed and your funds have not been misapplied, use your pitneybowes.com account to create a Case for Client Service
. Be ready with this information:
- Account number(s)
- Payment method
- Payment amount
- Date payment was made
- Date payment cleared
- Check number (if applicable)
- Trace number (if applicable)
UPDATED: February 09, 2021