Products affected: DM100®i, DM125™, DM200L™, DM225™
Error code 2485 is displayed on the meter.
An internal sensor is blocked by a mail piece or debris.
This error can be caused by various issues. The following sections include possible causes with solutions for each.
- Use these steps to check and clean the sensors:
- Unplug the power cord.
- Wait one to three minutes.
- Move the transport release lever 1/4 turn to the right (clockwise) to the released position (vertical).
- Remove any visible paper fragments from feed deck. Occasionally the tape strip/sheet will get caught in the rollers.
- Using a can of non-flammable compressed air and working from the left side of the machine to the exit, blow onto the feed deck that the envelopes/tape sheets travel on. Make sure that all dust and debris are removed.
- Move the transport release lever 1/4 turn counter clockwise to raise the feed deck back up into position.
- Plug the power cord back in, ensuring that it is plugged directly into a wall outlet.
- Print a $0.00 stamp. If print is missing or if print quality is poor, try cleaning the print head. Follow these steps to clean the print head:
- Press Home.
- Remove the scale.
- Open the top cover.
- Select Replace Ink Tank.
- Once the carriage stops, open the green latch.
- Remove the ink tank.
- Pinch the gray levers and lift out the print head.
- Using a lint free cloth, clean any excess ink build-up.
- Reinstall the print head and ink tank.
- Close the green latch and ink door.
- Put the scale back on the meter.
- Print a $0.00 stamp. If print is missing or if print quality is poor, use these steps to purge the print head:
- Press Home.
- Type 6946, then press Add postage.
- Select diagnostics.
- Select PM maintenance.
- Select Purge.
- Select Purge A.
- Wait for the purge to be complete, then print the test pattern on a blank envelope.
- If the Test Print has clean unbroken lines, press Home and retry the mail piece.
- If the Test Print has no print or broken lines, follow the prompts to run purges B – D.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021