Products affected: mailstation™, mailstation2™
The meter displays the message Envelope Not Detected when an envelope is inserted, or the meter displays the message Remove Envelope when no envelope is inserted.
The meter sensor is unable to locate the envelope, or the meter is incorrectly identifying the presence of an envelope.
To resolve this issue:
- Ensure that the mail piece is within specifications for the mailstation series. The minimum size is 5" x 3.5" (127 mm x 89 mm).
- Turn off the machine by unplugging the cord from the back.
- Open the top cover.
- Fully insert an envelope or tape sheet into the machine:
Note: The top right corner of the envelope or tape sheet moves a black, L-shaped lever toward the back of the machine and allows the machine to sense the presence of the material. When the material is removed, the lever moves toward the front of the machine. If the lever does not move freely, ensure that it is not off track or stuck.
Note: Occasionally paper fragments build up at the sensor. Remove these by hand or with non-flammable canned air.
- Close the top cover and plug in the power cord.
- Use Key in Postage mode to test print a $0 stamp.
UPDATED: August 14, 2021