The mailing machine is making a loud grinding noise.
The ink hose is wrapped around a plastic part behind the ink cartridge holder area or jammed behind the print head station.
Follow these steps to resolve this issue:
- Turn the mailing system off.
- Open the top cover where the ink cartridge holder and print head are located.
- Locate the hose behind the ink cartridge holder and check to see if it is wrapped around behind the print cartridge.
- If it is, carefully free it.
Note: Do not force the hose. If you have any difficulty moving the hose, stop and contact customer support.
- Turn the mailing system back on.
- Wait for the system to initialize.
- Test to make sure that the noise does not return and that the machine feeds smoothly without the grinding noise.
If the noise persists, contact customer support from 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time. Please have your model number ready.
UPDATED: September 01, 2017