Customer is not receiving Dispatch Reports via DFWorks due to Firewall and/or Email Server issues
Firewall and/or Email Server issues prevent Dispatch Reports from being sent out.
The ReportEngine Log
Check the Reportengine*.log via D:\DFWorkslog at the DFWorks WEB/APP Server; - You want to see if there is an issue connecting to the Email Server.
As seen in the screen shot below; the log shows that the Connection to the EMAIL Server is timing out. Thus the DFWorks solution is having an issue connecting to the Email server. The responsible IT group should be contacted.
Testing the Email server
To use telnet to test the Email Server
- Open a telnet session: From a command prompt, type telnet, and then press ENTER.
- Type set local_echo on a computer running Microsoft Windows® 2000 Server or SET LOCALECHO on a computer running Windows Server™ 2003 or Windows XP, and then press ENTER. This command allows you to view the responses to the commands.
- Type o <your mail server domain> 25,and then press ENTER. If there are firewall issues or the Email server is offline; normally you will not get past this point
- Type EHLO <your mail server domain>, and then press ENTER.
- Type AUTH LOGIN. The server responds with an encrypted prompt for your user name.
- Enter your user name encrypted in base 64. You can use one of several tools that are available to encode your user name.
- The server responds with an encrypted base 64 prompt for your password. Enter your password encrypted in base 64.
- Type MAIL FROM:<email@example.com>, and then press ENTER. If the sender is not permitted to send mail, the SMTP server returns an error.
- Type RCPT TO:<firstname.lastname@example.org>,and then press ENTER.If the recipient is not a valid recipient or the server does not accept mail for this domain, the SMTP server returns an error.
- Type DATA.
- If desired, type message text, press ENTER, type a period (.), and then press ENTER again.
- If mail is working properly, you should see a response similar to the following indicating that mail is queued for delivery:
UPDATED: March 22, 2015